BILL OF LADING
Terms & Conditions
1. The customer verifies this vehicle is free of contents. Please note, any additional non-disclosed contents in the vehicle are subject to $1.00 per pound charge.
2. NO delivery is guaranteed. All delivery dates and times are only estimates of normal deliveries, (delays may occur). Transporter does not agree to transport shipment in time for any particular market or event and will not be responsible for loss or damages occasioned by unavoidable delay. There are absolutely no guarantees made, expressed or implied, regarding delivery times or dates.
3. Transporter will pick-up and deliver close to home within legal and safety reasons. Transporter will not be responsible for any damage occurred by low hanging trees or similar objects and items.
4. No auto rental will be covered (for delays, damage or accidents).
5. The transporter will not be responsible for damage caused by leaking fluids, (battery acids, brake systems, cooling systems, anti-freeze solutions) industrial fall-out and acts of God.
6. The transporter will not be responsible for damage caused by freezing of engine, cooling system, and/or batteries.
7. The transporter will not be responsible for damage that results to the vehicle from tie downs breaking or tearing.
8. The customer is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc, must be removed and properly secured. Any part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is the customers responsibility including damages caused by said part to any and all other vehicles involved.
9. The customer is responsible for completely disarming any alarm system installed in the vehicle. The customer must provide keys to any alarm system. In the event the car alarm sounds the transporter is required to silence the alarm by any means the transporter or transport driver deems reasonable and effective.
10. The transporter will not be responsible for any mechanical functions damages to include engine, transmission, rear end motor mounts, drive trains, wiring systems, cooling systems, window motors, radios, stereo systems, power steering, air bag, brake cable or brake system, clutch cable or clutch, engine tuning, vehicle computerized systems, alarm systems, any switch, alignment or suspension etc., (anything that is mechanical or electrical.)
11. The transporter will not be responsible for any exhaust system, mufflers, or toll pipes. No exceptions.
12. The transporter will not be responsible for convertible tops that are loose, torn, or have visible wear. The transporter will not be responsible for vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras, or any other type of canvas or material covering. No exceptions.
13. The vehicle owner or the customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up and/or delivery, if for any reason they are unavailable.
14. The transporter will inform the customer prior to delivery. It is the customers responsibility to have the full payment when the transporters drive arrives. In order to affect pick up and delivery the customer agrees to meet the transporters driver to any specified time and place. No exceptions.
15. All payments for transport, if not paid online, must be in the form of a cashiers’ check, money orders from a major bank, or cash. The customer agrees that if the payment could not be made by cashiers’ check, money order, or cash, the vehicle will be stored at the customers expense. Should the customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and/or delivery charges will be responsibility of the customer.
16. The customer agrees that should this vehicle become inoperative in any reason during the transport, a charge of $100.00 (one hundred dollars) will be added to the transport charge and will be collected at time of the vehicle delivery. This charge must be paid in cash or by cashiers’ check. No exceptions.
17. The customer agrees that their vehicle is insured and their insurance has primary responsibility.
18. All claims will be settled at actual cost.
19. The customer agrees that this is the only contract between the parties governing this transport and no other agreement or contract is in effect. No claim or legal action of any kind may be initiated against transporters agent(s) or the transport broker (if any). Claims for damage must be made to the transporter.
20. Exceptions for damages must be noted on the Bill of Landing at time of delivery, a claim for damage not documented on the bill of landing will not be honored. All claims must be made in writing within 48 hours of delivery with a statement of specific damages claimed. All claims, subrogation, litigation, or legal action must have right of venue in the state of Washington, county of Clark, in the municipal court.
If any provision or part of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of this agreement remain in effect.